Thursday, February 21, 2008

Decided to go fully Digital !

At long last I picked up a DSLR on 11th November'07. A lot of deliberations and On Line research had gone into this proccess of decision making. Whether I should go for a Nikon D80 or just switch over to Canon Digital Rebel XTi as it is slightly less expensive. Over the past few years I have gathered enough evidences about Canon DSLRs having an edge over Nikon DSLRs as far as the noise at higher ISO, faster Auto Focussing and in-camera image processing by their DIGIC II processor are concerned. By no means I am trying to undermine Nikon DLSRs in terms of quality or durability. In fact my Nikon N80 with it's lenses still remain with me to satisfy my propensity to shoot on Films.
Now I am gradually building up my system keeping in view my requirement. Canon made Lenses are beyond my reach anyway. I therefore, have opted for Tamron AF 19~35 mm f3.5/4.5 to start with. The next addition will be a Tamron 70~300 mm f4/5.6 LD Di Macro 1:2 to cater my needs for longer reach.
I guess, in course of time I may have to have another short zoom to cover the difference between 35 mm and 70 mm. That could be a Canon 24~85 mm f3.5/4.5 USM Lense. Perhaps, This lense has to be taken before Tamron 70~300 mm LD Di macro. I have read great reviews of Canon 24~85 mm f3.5/4.5 USM Lense. My type of photography normally doesn't need a focal length more than 135 mm. Maybe I won't need a 70~300 mm glass right away.

No comments: